On March 11, the direct response marketing industry came out in droves to attend the Electronic Retailing Association’s annual Network Chicago on the ROOF of theWit Hotel. Guests had a bird’s eye view of the Windy City’s picturesque skyline, as they mingled over cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. The highlight of the evening, of course, was the presentation of the 2018 ERA Achievers Awards, which recognized member companies for providing outstanding levels of leadership and financial support to ERA throughout 2017. The awards include two categories: marketer and supplier.
“These six companies have not only shown their support for ERA, but to the entire DR marketing community through advocacy, volunteerism and valuable thought leadership,” says ERA Executive Vice President Bill Sheehan. “Most importantly, we thank these member companies for their overall generosity and commitment to the future ERA.”
Congratulations to the following winners:
* Oak Lawn Marketing - As an NTT DOCOMO, INC. group company founded in 1993, Oak Lawn Marketing is an omni-channel brand response company that operates the Shop Japan brand, which offers products under the concept of “enriching lifestyles worldwide.” The company curates products from around the world, focusing on solving our customers' lifestyle concerns in the categories of fitness, sleep, kitchen, leisure, and cleaning. Many of the company’s products are the leading products for the category in the Japanese market. Oak Lawn also does business as Shop Japan in four other countries throughout Asia.
* Paradigm Direct - Founded in 1996, and formerly known as National Marketing Resources, Paradigm has trained hundreds of thousands of small business owners on a broad range of topics. The company also provides the most current financial products and services to help its customers reach their goals. In combination with Paradigm’s affiliated companies, the company provides expertise in investment and trading techniques, tax and estate planning, retirement, insurance, and credit card/merchant processing.
* Thane Direct - Ranked among the leading direct response and retail marketers in the world, Thane Direct has created highly successful brands in such diverse product categories as health and beauty, fitness, weight loss, kitchen/housewares, entertainment, self-improvement and pet care. Thane Direct's global marketing and distribution operations extend across all continents, and its products are sold in over 100 countries worldwide. As a result of its vast success in product development and consumer marketing, the company attracts product owners throughout the world who turn to Thane Direct as their exclusive marketing ally.
* Kingstar Media - Leveraging the power of television and radio, Kingstar Media has established itself as the premium direct response media agency in Canada. The company has changed the Canadian DRTV landscape by changing the business model. Kingstar is a Canadian DRTV media agency and acts purely as a business services company: a full-service media buying agency that specializes in direct response media solutions that helps its clients reach Canadian and international consumers.
* Quigley-Simpson - Founded in 2002, Quigley-Simpson is a full-service advertising agency specializing in strategic planning, marketing, media planning and media buying, brand building, creative development, production and multi-cultural advertising. The agency combines the disciplines of direct response advertising with branding to create effective and accountable campaigns that enhance Quigley-Simpson’s clients’ return-on-investment (ROI). The agency does this for both creative and media planning and media buying clients.
* Venable LLP - As an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., Venable LLP serves as primary counsel to a worldwide clientele of large and mid-sized organizations, nonprofits, and high-net-worth entrepreneurs and individuals. With more than 600 attorneys across the country, including California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Virginia and Washington, D.C., the firm strategically advances its clients' objectives in the U.S. and around the globe. Venable advises clients on a broad range of business and regulatory law, legislative affairs, complex litigation and the full range of intellectual property disciplines.
Photo caption: TeleBrands CEO & Founder A.J. Khubani presents an ERA Achievers Award to Ashley Smith (left) and Mackenzie Knapp (right) of Quigley-Simpson.
Vitisia "Vi" Paynich has been covering the direct response marketing industry as a writer and editor since 2001. In July 2004, she joined the Electronic Retailing Association as editor-in-chief to launch its monthly publication. After serving seven years on the magazine, Vi transitioned into the role of content manager at ERA — leading the educational programming for the association's annual D2C Convention and Great Ideas Summit. In December 2017, Vi rejoined ERA as director, content and education. Prior to joining the association in the mid-2000s, she worked in the publishing industry, serving as an editor for both B2B and consumer publications. Vi has a bachelor’s degree in Magazine Journalism from California State University at Long Beach.