You might remember last year’s listener advisory where Lesley Fair filled us in with an FTC behind-the-scenes update. Hearing straight from an FTC insider was huge. It was one of our most popular blog posts last year.
Working with both Amy Mudge and Randy Shaheen over at the Venable law firm, we reached out to Lesley again this year to see if she would visit with the GA Committee.
Thankfully she agreed. Now she is telling us what is REALLY going on.
Her presentation entitled, “2015 Top10 for Electronic Retailers,” has it all.
The hit list includes:
- BACK IT UP (Prince Royce feat. Pitbull & Jennifer Lopez) – Substantiation
- THINK (Aretha Franklin) – Cognition Claims
- OVER & OVER (Nelly feat. Tim McGraw) – ROSCA
- LOVE DON’T COST A THING (Jennifer Lopez) – Free Offers, BOGO
- I DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING (Aerosmith) – Disclosures
- BLURRED LINES (Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell & T.I.) – Native Advertising
- HELLO (Adele) – Telemarketing
- YOUR SECRET’S SAFE WITH ME (Michael Franks) – Data Security & Consumer Privacy
- DON’T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME (Simple Minds) – Order Enforcement
On behalf of the entire ERA community, thank you to both the FTC and Lesley for visiting with us and sharing your thoughts.
You know that inside information is a key way to get ahead of the game. So take some time and listen to how the FTC views the industry...